- Books in question:
- Basics of Semiotics Advances in Semiotics by John N. Deely (PDF)
- Chapters read:
- Literary Semiotics And The Doctrine Of Signs
- Semiotics: Method Or Point Of View?
- Semiosis: The Subject Matter Of Semiotic Inquiry
- Signs: The Medium Of Semiosis
- Zoosemiotics And Anthroposemiotics
John Deely has written a number of similar books on Semiotics.
I found this book refreshing after having been engrossing myself in books and videos to do with Noam Chomsky’s perspectives on language.
The reason is that communication, though it may be separated from language, is a topic that demands as much inquiring, in my opinion, as I am more puzzled and intrigued by the study of language and communication outside of human beings, including artificial intelligences, other biological lifeforms and potetentially aliens.
It’s a good book. I’ll continue reading it.